Resources for healthcare professionals
We have put together some resources to help both you and people with arthritis. From managing pain at home to COVID-19 guidance for children and teenagers with MSK conditions, click on the links below to browse the list.
- Managing pain at home – Check out these MSK self-management resources supported by NHS England and NHS improvement, together with the BOA, BSR, CSP, Versus Arthritis and ARMA.
- Versus Arthritis clinical assessment of patients with MSK conditions – In case you missed it, we have recently launched a series of new educational resources to give students and clinicians the foundational knowledge and skills in clinical assessment and diagnosis of MSK conditions. These include:
- Free webinar: Supporting rheumatology patients during COVID-19 - This webinar and summary paper address the difficulties faced by GPs in supporting their rheumatology patients during this time. Sign up to hear more about risk stratification, shielding patients on DMARDs, drug dilemmas and ensuring GPs do not miss the ‘golden window’ for referral of inflammatory arthritis. The webinar is free to access but you will need to register for a Red Whale account.
- Active at home: A guide to staying active at home during the coronavirus outbreak - The guide, part of the Sport England Join the Movement campaign, has been developed to support older people and those who are shielded, to stay active and healthy at home.
- RightCare Community Rehabilitation Toolkit – Developed in collaboration with an expert group of stakeholders, this NHS rehabilitation toolkit sets out priorities for community rehabilitation services and the key actions to take. It provides opportunity to assess and benchmark current systems to find areas of improvement.
- COVID-19 guidance for children/teenagers with MSK conditions - CCAA and NHS England have created resources giving advice around young people with MSK conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic.ccaa guide:
- Shielding guide for children/young people rheumatology patients
- NHS England: Speciality guidance for clinicians, outlining what constitutes urgent onward referral in relation to MSK conditions.
- Results from the COVID-19 European Patient Registry - Formed by the Juvenile Arthritis Research Project (JAR), the COVID-19 patient registry is a registry of adults with rheumatic diseases, and parents of children with rheumatic diseases, in the setting of the pandemic.