Facilities and Operations Administrator - Scotland
Location (UK): Glasgow (office based)
Hours: Part-time, 28 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary: £24,000 (pro rata £19,200 per annum)
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: 12 months fixed term contract
Travel: Occasional travel, as required
Closing date: 23:59, Thursday 13 October 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the Facilities and Operations Administrator - Glasgow role (PDF, 164 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
Versus Arthritis is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. During the recruitment process Versus Arthritis will undertake safer recruitment practices and relevant checks to help make sure applicants are suitable to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive individual to join each of our nations teams as a Facilities and Operations Administrator. This is a new and exciting role for someone who is self-motivated, well-organised and able to work with minimum supervision to support the nation based team by providing high-quality, efficient and effective administrative support. In this role you will also work with our Facilities team, managing our local office site to meet the needs of an agile and flexible workforce.
Supporting the Facilities Managers for property and health and safety matters, you will manage routine and minor projects and activities, maintaining key documents in accordance with legal requirements and good practice.
As the first point of contact in the nation office, you will provide a customer-centered welcome when dealing with visitors and contractors.
You will provide administrative support as required, typically with finance administration and in researching and booking event venues, raising purchase orders and ensuring events can run smoothly.
- Excellent demonstrable customer service approach, and the ability to remain calm and professional at all times.
- Experience working in a similar support role, maintaining or developing processes to enhance the customer experience and meet regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety, Safeguarding and GDPR, knowing when to escalate issues.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and collaborative approach, to work effectively with local team and across the wider organisation.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, with good attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word and Excel.
- Strong empathy for the needs of volunteers, people with arthritis and colleagues (particularly home based).
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with this completed Versus Arthritis supporting statement form (Word, 43 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Facilities and Operations Administrator - Glasgow role (PDF, 164 KB).
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
- please ensure the documents you submit are in Word or PDF format.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Thursday 13 October 2022 email@example.com.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Dates to be confirmed.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.