Location (UK): Office Hybrid* - London / Chesterfield
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £35,229 per annum (London), £31,758 per annum (rest of UK) Subject to pay review
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Fixed-term – 18 months
Travel: Travel to London / Chesterfield office twice a week. Some other occasional travel.
Closing date: 23:59, Monday 27 March 2023
Download the job description and person specification for the Graphic Designer role (Word, 47 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
Versus Arthritis is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. During the recruitment process Versus Arthritis will undertake safer recruitment practices and relevant checks to ensure applicants are suitable to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
About the role
Working within a dynamic team of creative, as the Graphic Designer, you will support corporate campaigns and teams across the organisation in creating a wide-variety of branded collateral for print and digital outputs in a rewarding organisation that is doing powerful work making a difference to those with life-changing conditions each and every day.
- Experience of influencing the delivery of creative content that helps achieve the ambitions of the organisation.
- Strong, demonstrable experience of working either in an agency or in-house.
- Experience of creating artwork for print and digital use. This could include working with booklets, leaflets, templates, infographics, web banners, adverts, layouts, posters, promotional material and campaigns.
- Experience of working on a variety of different projects covering typography retouching designs and working with illustrations.
- Experience of both creating assets, from concept to delivery, as well as art working existing assets.
- Demonstrable skills using the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software suite including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Demonstrable skills of understanding and working effectively and intuitively with brand guidelines and templates.
- Demonstrable creative flare and of making contributions to design solutions.
- Experience of adapting artwork based on client feedback and proofing client amends.
- Ability to work on a number of design projects at any one time and to be flexible and willing to react quickly to fast turnaround times.
- Skilled in creating, preparing, proofing and checking print–ready artwork, for sign off by the client and our Lead Designer and Creative Manager.
- Excellent communications skills, and the ability to explain creative ideas and communicate to a range of internal audiences.
*As a hybrid worker, the expectation is that you will spend around 40% of your working time in our office spaces or working in community settings.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise up-to-date CV
- a completed application form (Word, 42 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the Download the job description and person specification for the Graphic Designer role (Word, 47 KB). All sections must be completed.
Email both documents as Word or PDF attachments by 23:59, Monday 3 April 2023 to email@example.com. If you have a health condition that prevents you from following the steps above, please email us regarding alternative ways to apply.
Application deadline and shortlisting
- We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of the advertised date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
First interviews are scheduled to take place in London on Wednesday 12 April 2023. There may be a second interview.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
“Our Flex ways of working enables our employees to have flexibility about how they work, whilst ensuring the needs of the charity are met.”
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.