Head of Support Services
Location (UK): London office hybrid or Chesterfield office hybrid
Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week
Salary: £62,000 per annum (London office-based), £58,000 per annum (rest of UK)
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Permanent
Travel: Regular travel to London and Chesterfield, with occasional travel to Belfast, Cardiff and Glasgow
Closing date: 23:59, Wednesday 18 August 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the Head of Support Services role (PDF, 184 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
The Head of Support Services will be an enthusiastic team-builder, excellent at working with external partnerships, who will lead our universal services and develop our digital products and resources across our services.
The post-holder will be at the forefront of digital development and will lead the charity in identifying new ways to deliver our activity, transforming ideas into reality, and with an eye on how to deliver in an efficient and integrated way.
About the role
It's about co-ordinating our digital opportunities, to develop a coherent offer and equity of access of resources for all ages, working with colleagues across the ICT team to focus on digital inclusion participation.
The post-holder will lead our universal services and develop our programmes and resources to ensure people are able to live a life without limitations. They will be at the forefront of digital service development, integrating our helpline, online community and virtual assistant to lead the charity in identifying new ways to deliver our support activities.
They will be able to build relationships and work with teams internally so we can lead the way in developing resources for people with arthritis.
This role will establish approaches and seek out opportunities to engage people with arthritis, together with key stakeholders, to use their collective knowledge to generate ideas and innovation, working with our UK Delivery teams to work these up into pilot projects.
- Lead on the digital products we want to be involved with and deliver for people with arthritis, ensuring accessibility and that these are set within the quality and continuous improvement framework.
- Lead our flagship Sport England funded physical activity programme.
- Create resources for our people (including volunteers) to deliver support across the UK.
- Pilot activities across the UK with agility, moving from concept to operations and ensuring approach, deployment and assessment of the innovation.
- Build relationships to progress the delivery of our services, having the ability to strategically plan in an integrated way so that people with arthritis have a choice of how to engage with us.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with this completed Versus Arthritis supporting statement form (Word, 43 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Head of support services role (PDF 184 KB).
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
- please ensure the documents you submit are in Word or PDF format.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Wednesday 18 August 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
First interviews expected: Week commencing 23 August 2022, Saffron House, London (EC1N 8TS)
Second interviews expected: Week commencing 31 August 2022, Saffron House, London
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.