Head of UK delivery
Location: Home-based or located in one of our regional offices across the UK
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week.
Salary: £67,000 per annum (London office-based), £62,500 per annum (rest of UK)
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Maternity Cover – 9 months until 31 March 2023
Travel: Frequent travel across the UK to visit our services
Closing date: 23:59, Sunday 15 May 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the Head of UK delivery role (PDF, 163 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
We are looking for a dynamic leader to co-ordinate our UK delivery teams. Following a recent review at Versus Arthritis, this role will bring together teams from across the UK and will help form the working relationships to ensure we create and deliver high quality framework of services for people with arthritis. This person will need to be a positive team builder, who demonstrates clear and creative thinking as well as being a good planner.
About the role
This is an exciting role for someone to lead our integrated approach to our support activity across the four nations of the UK, who will:
- Develop and implement a UK framework of delivery, managing the integration of four nations programmes into a universal service offer for Versus Arthritis.
- Work closely with our Young People and Families Service, Innovation and Support and Physical Activity teams to bring forward new ways of working across programmes and nations. Sharing best practice and demonstrating thought leadership.
- Work closely with our income generating team to develop a funding plan, identifying gaps and opportunities with the fundraising team.
- Develop an aligned administration team across the four nations to ensure we are collecting and analysing our impact and evaluating programmes so we can see how and why our support services work.
- Have significant experience in working across a varied funding landscape to create sustainable local delivery.
This role will also seek out opportunities of involvement for people with arthritis to ensure we deliver the support they require - working with our innovations and support team to work these up into pilot projects.
Versus Arthritis is committed to its EDI strategy, for services this means that we will work harder to reach unheard communities and develop inclusive programmes so that no one is left behind.
- A significant understanding of the charity sector, and the dynamics around business decision-making, change and strategic planning
- Experience of working with and/or supporting people with long-term health conditions/disabilities at a strategic level.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and persuade others in a wide setting, including senior leaders in the organisation, external stakeholders and internal colleagues.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement (Word, 40.04 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Head of UK delivery (PDF, 163 KB).
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Sunday 15 May 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
First interviews expected: 19 May 2022 London office or Microsoft Teams.
Second interviews expected: 23 May 2022 London office.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.