Interim Director of People and Organisational Development
Location (UK): Hybrid working linked to our London or Chesterfield office. Homeworking with a regular presence in our offices considered
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £95,000 per annum
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Fixed-term for 6-9 months
Travel: At least 40% presence in one of our offices, plus travel to our other offices and to meet our regional teams as required.
Closing date: 23:59, Monday 15 August 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the Interim Director of People and Organisational Development role (PDF, 197 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
As our interim Director of People and Organisational Development (POD) you will be joining us at a time of change. You will work closely with the CEO, Board, Organisation Leadership Team (OLT) and POD Directorate to contribute to the development of the charity’s strategic plan, and directorate three year and one year implementation plans. You will also support the directorate teams to prioritise and maintain business as usual, maintaining progress on this. Your experience of building high functioning teams will enable you to work with the Heads of POD departments to deliver the organisational objectives, supporting our work to become an equitable, inclusive and diverse charity for all our staff, volunteers and lived experience involved people.
About the role
The Interim Director of People and Organisational Development (POD) will:
- Lead and facilitate the process of developing the POD Directorate’s three and one year implementation plans and budgets.
- Ensure that POD directorate priorities are reflected appropriately in the charity’s five-year strategic plan.
- Work with the leadership team to support the ongoing development of our employee and volunteer offer so that our working culture and practices reflect our mission and core values.
- Support our POD Heads of Departments to embed in their roles and model best practice following our recent restructure. This will include supporting them as we review and update all people policies, pay structures and embed equity, diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
- Model behaviours to support our ongoing work to ensure progressive leadership and an inclusive collaborative culture across the organisation.
- Chartered membership of CIPD or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working as part of a senior leadership team - building, leading, developing high performing teams and leading change management processes.
- Experience of developing and implementing Strategic and Operational Plans.
- Experience of developing and implementing people related strategies at an organization-wide scale.
- Excellent communication skills, with an attention to detail. The ability to analyse, interpret, develop, disseminate and present information, including business plans, to a variety of audiences in a way that informs and influences their decision-making.
- A flexible, pragmatic and creative approach, redefining problems in light of information gathered or changes in context and focused on finding solutions
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with this completed Versus Arthritis supporting statement form (Word, 43 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Interim Director of People and Organisational Development role (PDF 197 KB).
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
- please ensure the documents you submit are in Word or PDF format.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Monday 15 August 2022 to email@example.com.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Interviews expected: Tuesday 23 August 2022 at our London office (EC1N 8TS).
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.