Mass marketing officer
Location: London office or remote (with regular travel to London office)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £33, 974 per annum London (office-based), £30,577 per annum rest of UK
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: 12 month contract (maternity cover)
Closing date: 23:59, Monday 23 May, 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the Mass marketing officer role (PDF, 191KB)
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
We are looking for an ambitious Mass Marketing Officer to join our Marketing Team. The Mass Marketing Officer will work with our Mass Marketing Manager to deliver our multi-channel, above the line marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for delivering and managing specific aspects of the campaigns and leading on implementing our integrated marketing planning.
As part of a wider Mass Engagement directorate, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of distinct elements of our fundraising marketing and donor recruitment activity. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to lead on specific projects to help the wider Mass Engagement Team meet its ambitious growth targets. Activity will be digitally led and will include paid social, PPC, digital display, email campaigns.
About the role
Our large-scale advertising and marketing campaigns have already started to bring about change at scale. Millions of people have seen us on their TV, at their bus stop, on their smartphone and connected with us. We’ve raised the profile of arthritis, begun to shift attitudes and generate support – but we have so much more to do and we need the right team to do it.
To ensure that our supporters’ experience is audience-led and fully integrated, the Mass Marketing Officer will work on retention projects and build a broad skillset across the spectrum of mass engagement and fundraising. This role will also work closely with colleagues in digital and campaigns to ensure fundraising is fully integrated and aligned with wider organisational activity.
The postholder will:
- Support the delivery and evaluation of innovative and creative digital engagement activity, designed to significantly increase the number of actions people take to support the charity, and particularly the number and value of donations.
- Support Mass Marketing Manager to create and manage insight and audience led engagement plans and campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with agencies and colleagues to develop creative concepts and tactics that meet our core audiences needs and motivations.
- Take on specific projects in mass retention depending on wider team priorities.
Alongside your marketing experience, gained either in an agency or in-house, you will be able to:
- Lead on independent projects.
- Understand different audiences, their needs and motivations.
- Implement a test and learn approach to campaign planning and delivery.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Work independently, manage varied workloads, and work to deadlines.
- Interpret performance insights, make recommendations for improvement and apply them.
- Think creatively and turn ideas into practice.
- Engage critically with creative concepts and plans across the team and share thoughts constructively.
- Learn about and keep up with the wider work of the charity.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across levels to develop innovative and engaging content.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with this completed supporting statement form (Word, 43 KB) – maximum 900 words, demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Mass marketing officer role (PDF, 191 KB)
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 23:59, 23 May 2022 to email@example.com.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Note: Previous applicants need not apply.
Interviews to be confirmed.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.