HR Business Partner
Location: Flexible: Chesterfield, London or homeworker
Travel: Some travel will be expected on an ad hoc basis to our Chesterfield and/or London offices
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £38,158 per annum (London), £34,290 per annum (rest of UK)
Home Working Allowance: £390 per annum
Benefits: Read more about what we offer
Contract type: 2 roles available: 1 x Permanent, 1 x Fixed Term to end of January 2022
Closing date: Monday 28 June
Download the job description and person specification for the HR Business Partner role (PDF, 235 KB)
Are you an experienced and confident HR professional who is customer-focused and practical in their approach? At Versus Arthritis we are committed to developing and supporting our people and to enable us to do this we have moved to a business partnering approach. We are a new team which is looking for the final people to make us complete. This is an exciting time to join us as we develop our offer and build our key relationships. You will support and advise on all aspects of the HR offer, accessing expertise from other teams within the People and Organisational Development Directorate.
About the role
This newly created role will push back against arthritis by working with organisation leaders to develop and deliver the people agenda in your area of responsibility, improving organisational performance.
The HR Business Partner will work closely with key stakeholders across all directorates to provide advice, support and guidance to enable the organisation to develop a workforce which can deliver the charity’s strategic goals.
- It’s about effective workforce planning.
- It’s about influencing, coaching and advising.
- It’s about learning, evaluating and improving.
We are looking for someone who gets excited about their role working with people and what they can contribute to the success of the organisation’s ambitions. You must like a challenge and embrace opportunities, having patience and enthusiasm.
We are looking for the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualified to CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience.
- Experience of supporting organisational change.
- Significant generalist HR experience, including managing complex employee relations cases.
- Strong and effective communicator, with the ability to engage stakeholders.
- A flexible, pragmatic and creative approach, redefining problems in light of information gathered or changes in context.
- Evidence of effectively working with uncertainty and ambiguity and comfortable working at pace.
- Strong advising and coaching skills, enabling managers to develop their knowledge, confidence and capability in managing people to get the best out of their teams whilst ensuring a balanced approach to risk and reputation.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement (Word, 40.04 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the HR business partner role (PDF, 235 KB)
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by Monday 28 June to email@example.com.
First interviews expected: week commencing 5 July, by Teams call.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.