Location: Flexible: London office, Chesterfield office, work from home
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £31,977 per annum (London), £28,876 per annum (rest of UK)
Benefits: Read more about what we offer
Contract type: Fixed-term 6 month contract
Closing date: 27 September 2021
Download the job description and person specification for the Marketing Officer role (PDF, 183 KB).
This role sits in the Marketing Team and works on integrated marketing campaigns to promote the charity’s national and local services to people with arthritis and other relevant audiences. The ideal candidate will be proactive, strong at forming relationships with multiple stakeholders and able to project manage marketing campaigns to budget and schedule.
About the role
You will support the Marketing Manager on our external marketing campaigns throughout the year, working with internal teams and external agencies. You will be responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of campaigns, using insight and monitoring tools. You will also be responsible for tracking the marketing budget and will support with financial administration tasks. You will lead on the facilitation of integrated marketing planning across the organisation. This aims to breakdown silos and maximise efficiency and effectiveness in our marketing, creating transparency and visibility internally so that we can deliver our organisational strategy. You will develop strong working relationships across the organisation, particularly with the Brand, Communications, Policy and Public Affairs, Digital and Fundraising teams.
- Experience of working in an integrated marketing environment either in an agency or in-house.
- Experience of working on marketing projects. Developing plans including defining audiences, messaging, targets, tactics and timescales; delivered against the plan and budget and then their success evaluated.
- Experience of forming strong relationships both internally and with external agencies.
- Significant and demonstrable project management experience - planning and managing projects independently, under time pressures, to budget and on schedule.
- Experience and understanding of audiences for marketing and communications projects, including segmentation and targeting, customer experience and customer journeys.
- Experience and understanding of marketing research, using insight to inform campaigns and making tactical adjustments where necessary.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement (Word, 40.04 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Marketing Officer role (PDF, 183 KB).
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 27 September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview expected: 4 October 2021 by Microsoft Teams or at the London office.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.