Performance and planning manager
Location: Flexible under COVID restrictions, with occasional travel to our London and Chesterfield offices (home working until at least April 2021)
Hours: Full time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £41,610 (London), £37,780 (rest of UK) plus benefits
Benefits: Read more about what we offer
Contract type: Fixed Term Contract (mid-April 2021 to mid-June 2022)
Closing date: 23:59 on 14 March 2021
Download the job description and person specification for the Performance and Planning Manager role (PDF, 208 KB).
We are looking for a well-organised and self-motivated individual to continue the development of our organisational performance monitoring and reporting. The Performance & Planning Manager role sits in our Strategic Planning & Portfolio department, which is part of the Planning & Operations directorate at Versus Arthritis.
About the role
You will be responsible for the management and delivery of our regular performance report to our Organisational Leadership Team, and Board of Trustees. In addition to this you will be leading, collaborating and contributing to a number of initiatives aiming to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the charity’s performance and planning activity.
- Experience at a strategic or corporate level in performance monitoring and reporting, strategic and business planning and supporting organisational change.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret, disseminate and present information to a variety of internal and external audiences in a way that informs and influences their decision making.
- Proven, analytical and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to work in partnership with people at all levels, demonstrating strong skills in constructive challenge, facilitation, collaboration, networking and influencing.
- Experience of establishing and developing performance monitoring tools and reports for different audiences.
- Business management degree or similar, or equivalent by experience.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement (Word 40.04 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Performance and Planning Manager role (PDF, 208 KB)
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 23:59 on 14 March 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information on how to apply and our recruitment process please visit Versus Arthritis Careers page.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions the postholder will initially be working from home and thereafter based at one of our national offices.
Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation for 17.8 million people in the UK every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We’re reaching out to everybody with the information and support they need, funding vital research and changing the way society sees arthritis. Together we’ll keep running, researching, inﬂuencing, volunteering, advising, chatting, baking, listening. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.