Supporter engagement officer
Location: London office, work from home
Hours: Full-time 35 hours per week
Salary: £30,936 per annum (London), £27,846 per annum (rest of UK)
Benefits: Read more about what we offer
Travel expectations: Some travel to London office, occasional travel to meet supporters and to work at events
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 4 October 2021
Download the job description and person specification for supporter engagement officer role (PDF, 188 KB).
The Mass Market Fundraising (MMF) team is at an exciting stage: we’re in year two of our five-year strategy and have achieved some great wins in year one. Rather than work in income stream silos, we’ve split our activity based on our audiences’ communication and stewardship needs. In the Supporter Engagement team, we use relationship-building engagement tactics and tools to reach new people and build strong relationships with our supporters, which in turn drives income and higher levels of engagement with the charity. The breadth of the work means that no two days are the same as we work across different income streams and products.
About the role
The Supporter Engagement Officer account-manages relationships and deepens engagement with fundraisers and donors who choose to support us in different ways and for a variety of reasons: whether they fundraise in their community, pledge a legacy, take on a challenge events or make a donation in memory of a loved one. The post holder will be designing and delivering engaging and personalised communications to motivate and inspire – and ultimately to increase income and retention rates. Through using insight and fully integrating with the rest of the team, the role ensures high-quality and coherent experiences for supporters.
- Experience of developing and delivering effective supporter journeys through various channels (including phone, email, social media).
- Experience of meeting ambitious targets and specifically increasing income and retention rates through providing excellent stewardship.
- Experience of successfully and independently managing projects and delivering to deadlines.
- Strong track record of being an excellent relationship builder and collaborator.
- Ability to confidently communicate with a wide range of supporters on the phone, in writing and face to face. Confidence in handling sensitive and confidential conversations.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement (Word, 40.04 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the supporter engagement officer role (PDF, 188 KB).
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 4 October 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews are expected to be held 12 and 13 October on Microsoft Teams.
There are 18.8 million people living with a musculoskeletal (MSK) condition like arthritis in the UK. Arthritis causes pain, fatigue and isolation every single day. It can impact on the ability to work, our relationships and take away our independence. We don’t accept this. We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace