Senior health intelligence analyst
Location: London office or Chesterfield office
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week.
Salary: £43,000 per annum (London office-based), £40,000 per annum (rest of UK)
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Permanent
Travel: Some travel may be required
Closing date: 23:59, Thursday 19 May 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the Senior health intelligence analyst role (PDF, 164 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
The post-holder will be working within the health intelligence function to lead programmes of work and manage projects to better understand the UK population with MSK conditions to inform the direction of Versus Arthritis’ ambitions, strategy, policy and services work. This includes analysing epidemiological data and developing and maintaining relationships with national and local stakeholders.
About the role
Your role will include;
- project management
- contract management
- bespoke data analysis
- producing data reports suitable for internal and external audiences
- forming and maintain relationships with national, local policy stakeholders
- turning data into information and insight
- quality assurance of health intelligence products
- provision of training and translational support so that stakeholders can understand and act on health intelligence.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of epidemiological research methods.
- Experience of using multiple sets of health-related data and information systems, and large scale data sets for policy, quality improvement or research purposes, including use of statistical packages.
- Strong experience using NHS and other national health-based datasets.
- Good understanding of UK health and social care systems.
- Ability to interpret, present and communicate complex data in accessible lay terms, including producing data-rich reports for a range of technical and generalist audiences.
- Ability to analyse very complex issues where material is conflicting and drawn from multiple sources.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with a completed supporting statement (Word, 40.04 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in job description and person specification for the Senior health intelligence analyst role (PDF, 164 KB)
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Thursday 19 May 2022 to email@example.com.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 7 June 2022 on Microsoft Teams.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.