Service Co-ordinators - Wales
- 1 x Service Co-ordinator (Merthyr Tydfil, RCT, Bridgend, Cardiff and the Vale)
- 1 x Service Co-ordinator (Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent, Monmouth, Torfaen, Newport)
- 1 x Service Co-ordinator (Anglesey, Gwynedd, Conwy)
Hours: Part-time, 21 hours per week
Salary: £25,622 per annum £15,373 pro-rata
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Fixed-term until March 2025
Travel: Across the area
Closing date: 23:59, Tuesday 5 July 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the service co-ordinator role (Word, 56 KB)
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
We are Versus Arthritis. We are volunteers, healthcare professionals, researchers and friends, all doing everything we can to push back against arthritis. We won’t stop until no-one has to tolerate living with the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis.
CWTCH is entering an exciting phase in its development and as a result we need to expand our team of energetic, passionate and experienced staff. Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion, and energy to help us defy arthritis.
We are keen to recruit individuals with the right values and behaviours who are enthusiastic and proactive to contribute to the development of our unique CWTCH Cymru project (Communities Working Together Can Help). All roles are home based, and you will be joining a growing team who are passionate about providing high quality services to people with arthritis across Wales.
About the role
Working alongside our current services teams you will help shape and deliver activity, peer support and self-management services for people living with arthritis in your region as part of our CWTCH Cymru Project.
You will be responsible for building strong, positive relationships with our valued and respected volunteers, branches and groups and the wider community, including the voluntary and statutory sector.
You will work closely with wider teams to identify, recruit, train and support volunteers who have lived experience of arthritis. You will explore all conventional and more innovative routes for volunteer recruitment so that we can build trained and sustainable volunteer teams who can make a lasting impact on the lives of people with arthritis in their area.
Due to the nature of our services, some evening and weekend working may be required.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, can lead and motivate people and has:
- Experience of recruiting, training, supervising and supporting volunteers with long-term health conditions.
- An understanding of peer support and self-management concepts.
- Proven experience in developing and managing relationships with diverse communities.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to structure their days and manage competing priorities.
- Motivation, with the ability to work on their own initiative and be adaptable to change.
- This is a home-based, part-time position working across the region and will involve significant travel which requires access to transport. At times, there may also be additional travel for team meetings and to cover for other Service Coordinators.
- In return, we offer a competitive range of benefits, a good work/life balance, excellent learning and development opportunities and a vibrant and friendly organisational culture. Find out more about what we offer on our website.
Above all we want individuals with a commitment to:
- Providing a quality service.
- Enabling people with arthritis to live more independently.
- Reducing the isolation and loneliness experienced by people with arthritis.
- Building trust and respect internally and externally.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- Completed application form, clearly demonstrating how you meet the key requirements and competencies set out in the job description and person specification for the service co-ordinator role (Word 56,KB).
- Please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
- Please ensure the documents you submit are in Word or PDF format.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Tuesday 5 July 2022 to email@example.com.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Dates to be confirmed.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.