Service Delivery Co-ordinator - North of England
Location (North of England): Homeworking
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £27,000 per annum
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Fixed-term, 12 months
Travel: Some travel required
Closing date: 23:59, Tuesday 11 October 2022
Download the job description and person specification for the Service Delivery Co-ordinator - North of England role (PDF, 165 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
Versus Arthritis is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. During the recruitment process Versus Arthritis will undertake safer recruitment practices and relevant checks to help make sure applicants are suitable to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
About the role
You will coordinate and deliver all aspects of our Commissioned services in the East Riding of Yorkshire CCG area (map available here). Our Commissioned Services in England work with local NHS healthcare professionals to offer services for patients with osteoarthritis of the knee and/or hip.
We will train and support you with everything you need to carry out this role so people with osteoarthritis have the confidence, knowledge, and skills to live how they wish to live.
You will be trained to:
- Talk to people about their condition
- Give people information about how they can self-manage their condition at home
- Help people understand treatment options and support available to them from Versus Arthritis and in their local area.
You will help shape and deliver support for people living with arthritis whilst working alongside other members of the delivery team including staff and volunteers.
Whilst the post is home based, there is an expectation that some travel will be required. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required for effective service delivery.
- We would like someone with passion to deliver and with a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- We are looking for someone who can talk and have conversations with people both 1-1 and in group sessions as well as having good written skills.
- We would like you to have experience of building and maintaining relationships with people externally and internally.
- We need someone who has strong organisational, administrative and IT skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of arthritis and other musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions would help, but we can teach you everything you need to know.
- Experience delivering service user focused provision within the voluntary sector would be helpful but not essential
- Having experience of recruiting, training, supervising, and supporting volunteers
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise, up-to-date CV
- along with this Versus Arthritis completed supporting statement form (Word, 43 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Service Delivery Co-ordinator - North of England role (PDF, 165 KB)
- please include where you’ve seen this role advertised
- please ensure the documents you submit are in Word or PDF format.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Tuesday 11 October 2022 email@example.com.
We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of this date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
Interview dates to be confirmed and held by Microsoft Teams.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.