Service Innovation Officer (Digital)
Location (UK): Office Hybrid* - London / Chesterfield / Glasgow/ Belfast/ Cardiff or Home-based
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £33,500 per annum (London office-based), £29,500 per annum (rest of UK)
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer
Contract type: Permanent
Travel: For office-based contracts, you will be required to work in your chosen office for 2 days per week, home-based workers are required to travel to an office once a month. Occasional travel may be required to our offices around the country (London / Chesterfield / Glasgow/ Belfast/ Cardiff).
Closing date: 23:59, Tuesday 7 February 2023.
Download the job description and person specification for the Service Innovation Officer (Digital) role (Word, 58 KB).
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
Versus Arthritis is committed to keeping children, young people and vulnerable adults safe from harm. During the recruitment process Versus Arthritis will undertake safer recruitment practices and relevant checks to help make sure applicants are suitable to work with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
This is an exciting new role which will support the development and testing of new ways to deliver our services. The post sits within our Innovation and Support team, which is responsible for the Versus Arthritis digital and telephone-based support services. These include our helpline, online community, AI chatbots Ava and Cova, and our Young Persons Tracker App. The post holder will support the team to evaluate and improve our current offer, and to co-design new tools and services.
About the role
The Service Innovation Officer (Digital) will work across the organisation and beyond to ensure we understand the needs of people with arthritis and create services that are fit for purpose. They will flex delivery methods through digital, virtual, and face-to-face delivery, creating a user-led blended offer. Working closely with the Innovation and Support team, they will ensure high quality, up to date health information is fed into all support services. They will also work to ensure high quality data from our services is fed back to the organisation.
They will take a supporting role in implementing our blended self-management programmes across all areas of Versus Arthritis work. They will also work closely with our Health Development team to ensure health professionals and workplace health teams are able to promote Versus Arthritis as experts in co-designed services enabling people with arthritis to confidently manage their condition.
Co-design is a central part of this role. The post holder will support opportunities for involvement for people with arthritis to ensure we deliver as per the services they require, working with our UK Delivery and Young People and Families teams to work these up into pilot projects.
- Experience of working within the third and/or public sector, preferably within the fields of health and social care.
- Experience of community development approaches including co-production and co-design and involving people with lived experience in decision-making.
- Excellent IT and digital skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly and fluently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and evidence of excellent relationship management with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Understanding the importance of self-management and experience of delivering interventions to people living with long term conditions.
- Sound organisational and time-management skills and the ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Understanding of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
How to apply
To apply you MUST submit:
- a concise up-to-date CV
- a completed application form (Word, 42 KB) demonstrating how you meet the key requirements set out in the job description and person specification for the Service Innovation Officer (Digital) (Word, 58 KB). All sections must be completed.
Email your completed application by 23:59, Tuesday 7 February 2023 to email@example.com. If you have a health condition that prevents you from following the steps above, please email us regarding alternative ways to apply.
Application deadline and shortlisting
- We advise candidates to apply early as we reserve the right to close applications ahead of the advertised date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We do not wish to receive contact from agencies or media sales.
To be confirmed.
There are 20.3 million people living with arthritis and MSK conditions in the UK. That’s one in three people, many who live in pain every single day. The impact is huge as the condition intrudes on everyday life – affecting the ability to work, care for a family, to move free from pain and to live independently. Yet arthritis is often dismissed as an inevitable part of aging or shrugged off as ‘just a bit of arthritis’. We don’t think that this is ok. Versus Arthritis is here to change that.
Join us and use your skills, knowledge, passion and energy to help us defy arthritis.
Read more about working for us.
Happy to Talk Flexible Working
Promoting equality in the workplace.
“Our Flex ways of working enables our employees to have flexibility about how they work, whilst ensuring the needs of the charity are met.”
Promoting and supporting diversity in the workplace.
Versus Arthritis is a Registered Charity No: 207711 and in Scotland No. SC041156.