June steps challenge
Want a walking challenge that you can shape yourself?
Around 10 million people in the UK are living with arthritis. It can affect people of all ages – even children and teenagers. Living with arthritis can be challenging - chronic pain can make everyday tasks, like making a cup of tea, really difficult. It is often dismissed, and this can lead to isolation and frustration.
Join our amazing team of steppers, coming together in June to defy arthritis. With your help, support is available and there are many things people can do to live a fulfilling life.
How can I get involved?
The June Steps Challenge is a fundraising challenge with no set step target. Simply set your own target, get a free t-shirt and join thousands of others taking on the June Steps Challenge to defy arthritis.
No matter your stepping target, all achievements are celebrated in our supportive challenge Facebook Group. Join the challenge in just four simple steps:
- Join a wonderful community of walkers in our Facebook group.
- Register to receive your FREE t-shirt and A5 steps tracker to pop on your fridge.
- Start your Facebook fundraiser – it takes just 45 seconds.
- Set your steps target and start walking on 1 June!
We’re here with you every step of the way! Check out these frequently asked questions about the challenge. There are also lots of pages on our website about exercising with arthritis. Here are a few:
- Exercising with arthritis
- Exercise Q&A with Dr. Benjamin Ellis
- Exercises to manage pain
- Managing your symptoms
- YouTube stretching video series
- Get help
Thank you so much for taking part – good luck! Your fundraising will help to ensure that one day, no one has to tolerate the pain, fatigue and isolation of arthritis alone.