College of Experts Members
This opportunity might be ideal for those who have:
- experience of arthritis or related conditions; whether that’s as a person living with arthritis, or a carer
- an interest in reviewing academic research funding proposals
- good communication skills and the ability to work with others
- confidence to offer views and take an active part in discussions
- objectivity, with the ability to consider and balance personal needs with the wider needs of all people with lived experience of arthritis.
You will need:
- internet enabled device
- time – either for one off activities or for a regular commitment if you choose.
We will provide:
- reimbursement for approved expenses.
More information about the role
Versus Arthritis will operate a College of Experts (CoE) to engage with the charity on matters related to the review of funding applications. This will include conducting independent peer review and joining bespoke review panels established to make funding recommendations to the charity on suitable applications. There will also be opportunity from time to time to become involved in Versus Arthritis insight workshops and panels.
We are seeking professionals with scientific, clinical, health and research expertise as well as people affected by MSK conditions and other non-research specialisations including health and social care professionals, policy, public-sector and industry as appropriate to join our newly established College of Experts as members, to engage with the charity on matters related to the review of funding applications.
To be successful in the role, you will be committed to Versus Arthritis values as well as having:
- expertise and knowledge of, or a willingness to attend training for, reviewing academic research proposals
- diplomacy and great people skills with the ability to work closely with other members of the Review Panels and Charity staff
- willingness to engage with other activities related to research from time to time as defined by the charity.
- Hours: Variable, depending on activity level of funding applications and other research activities.
- Length of Opportunity: 3 years.
- Closing date for applications: Monday 11 July 2022
Versus Arthritis will pay for reasonable out-of-pocket expenses in line with the Charity’s expense policy.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact us by Monday 4 July by completing our online Involvement Network expression of interest form.