Physical Activity Digital Volunteer - Optimi Health Smartphone App Pilot
Who this opportunity is open to
- has lived experience of: (i) knee arthritis
- is aged 18 years old and over
- can be based from any location (this role is offered UK wide)
- can be involved as an individual.
A bit about the role
We're looking for people who meet the following criteria to pilot our smartphone app:
- 30-50 years old
- knee arthritis
- possess a smart phone
- take part in some form of physical activity (although not essential).
The pilot will involve:
- downloading the optimi app and engaging in an 8 week knee OA self management programme
- 4 short phone calls to help us understand their experience and how we can evolve the app to meet their needs
- 4 very short questionnaires to provide us with feedback during the pilot
- the app will be evolved throughout the pilot in line with the feedback provided, so individuals will be able to see the impact of their thoughts and suggestions.
Start date: from July 2021
End date: to end of November 2021
This role does not require a criminal records check.
What does the role involve?
You would be:
- asked to give some time each week (approx. 1 hour)
- expected to download the optimi app and engaging in an 8 week knee osteoarthritis self-management programme – participate in 4 short phone calls to help us understand your experience and how we can evolve the app to meet your needs – undertake 4 very short questionnaires to provide us with feedback during the pilot – the app will be evolved throughout the pilot in line with the feedback provided, so you will be able to see the impact of your thoughts and suggestions.
The area of our work you would be involved with is:
- Developing digital services and new technologies.
To undertake this role you will need the following skills/experience:
- Comfortable to challenge us.
- IT literacy/confident in using IT.
In this role you would be expected to uphold the following:
- Interested in meeting and talking to people – over the phone and online.
You will need:
- Access to a computer/laptop/smartphone.
- Access to the internet.
- Access to a phone.
Travel is not required.
Induction and training are not required.
A follow up discussion may be required following expression of interest in this opportunity.
Our Promise to you
We promise that you will be fully supported throughout your activities with Versus Arthritis. As different people require different types and levels of support based on their needs and their role, so the offer will be personalised to your requirements. Such support includes:
- Core training.
- Bespoke training as required.
- Record of training and certificates.
- Annual acknowledgement of activities.
- IT/ access to Microsoft 365/ materials as appropriate.
- Role brief and support/ supervisor/ named contact.
- Process to feed in ideas/ being listened to.
- Access to all volunteer policies and procedures.
- All out of pocket expenses as detailed within our expenses policy.
- Use of different methods of communication/ no jargon/ Welsh.
- Good lead in times to enable meaningful involvement and volunteering.
The staff role supporting this opportunity is:
Strategic Programme Manager, Physical Activity