Welsh language champion / Pencampwr Cymraeg
Who this opportunity is open to
- has lived experience of (desirable but not essential) : (i) arthritis or MSK condition; or (ii) caring for/supporting a person with arthritis or MSK condition; or (iii) being a parent of a young person with arthritis or another MSK condition; or (iv) has knowledge of arthritis or MSK condition (eg Health Care Professional)
- is aged 18 years old and over (from 16 years of age in Scotland)
- can be based from any location (this role is offered UK wide)
- is fluent in Welsh language (essential)
- can be involved online.
A bit about the role
We are seeking one individual to help and support with the development and implementation of Versus Arthritis' Welsh Language Policy.
Start date: December 2021
End date: January 2022
This role does not require a criminal records check
What does the role involve?
The areas of our work you would be involved with are:
- Participating in activities.
- Shaping our work.
You would be asked to give some time (6 hours) each month to deliver this role.
To undertake this role you will need the following skills/experience:
- Ability to share opinions diplomatically.
- Ability to understand that everyone’s experience of arthritis is different.
- Administration skills.
- Speak up and voice your opinion.
- Comfortable to challenge us.
- Verbal Communication.
- Written communication.
In this role you would be expected to uphold the following:
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexible and responsive to meet needs.
- Friendly and approachable.
- Interested in meeting and talking to people.
- Reliable subject to any limitations eg health condition, extenuating circumstances.
- Respecting equality and diversity.
- Willing to join and participate in training/induction/skill development.
You will need:
- Access to a computer/laptop/smartphone.
- Access to the internet.
- Access to a phone (either landline or mobile).
Travel is not required.
Induction and training are not required.
Our Promise to you
We promise that you will be fully supported throughout your activities with Versus Arthritis. As different people require different types and levels of support based on their needs and their role, so the offer will be personalised to your requirements. Such support includes:
- Core training.
- Bespoke training as required.
- Record of training and certificates.
- Annual acknowledgement of activities.
- IT/ access to Microsoft 365/ materials as appropriate.
- Role brief and support/ supervisor/ named contact.
- Process to feed in ideas/ being listened to.
- Access to all volunteer policies and procedures.
- All out of pocket expenses as detailed within our expenses policy.
- Use of different methods of communication/ no jargon/ Welsh.
- Good lead in times to enable meaningful involvement and volunteering.
The staff role supporting this opportunity is:
Senior Regional Coordinator.