Competition terms and conditions
Information regarding prizes and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering a competition entrants agree that they have read and accept these terms and conditions (“terms and conditions”).
- The competition is operated by Versus Arthritis, company number 490500 and charity number 20711, whose registered office is at Copeman House, St Mary's Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S41 7TD (“Promoter”).
- To be eligible to enter the competition you must:
- be a UK resident
- be 18 years old or over at the time of entry
- have a UK postal address.
The competition isn't open to management and employees (and the immediate families of management and employees) of the promoter.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- An entrant is only entitled to enter the competition once.
- The competition will be open to entrants from Tuesday 25 August at 11am until Friday 28 August 2015 at 11am.
To enter the competition you must:
- Post a picture of your pair of shoes in the comments section of the post
- say why they are your favourite pair for your arthritis
- include the hashtags #happyfeet (“entry”)
- The prize is two tickets (competition prize RRP £12 per ticket). This competition will have one winner only.
- The prize has been provided by The Victoria and Albert Museum (“sponsor”)
- Details from all entries and entrants will be collected and used for the purposes of conducting the competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the competition) and for publicity purposes surrounding the competition. By entering a competition, the entrant consents to the use of their information as described and in particular clause 14 (reasonable publicity of the winner).
- The entrant agrees to the free use of their first names and county for reasonable publicity and news purposes during this competition and any future competition or promotions in any and all media by the Promoter its licensees, subsidiaries and assigns including but not limited to publication of the winner on the promoter's website and Facebook page.
- The promoter will only use the personal details of the entrant for marketing purposes outside those described above if you “opt in” to join the mailing list when prompted or if you're the winner.
- By entering the competition the winner consents to the use of their name and photograph in connection with the competition in Arthritis Today, on the promoter’s website and such other reasonable publicity as determined by the promoter including such reasonable publicity by the sponsor.
- If the promoter believes that an entry breaches or may breach any of the terms and conditions, that entry may be disqualified and removed by the promoter at its sole discretion.
- The promoter may refuse any entries that are deemed to be submitted via any form of computer programming or automatically generated entries.
- The promoter may, at its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, any person who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- There will be one winner for the competition.
- The winner will be drawn after 11am on Friday 28 August 2015. The winner will be selected at random by a member of staff at Versus Arthritis.
- The winner will be notified by email or Facebook message prior to the public announcement on the promoter’s website and Facebook page.
- The prizes will be sent to the winner by courier service after Friday 28 August 2015. The promoter does not guarantee receipt of the prize by the winner or the date of that receipt.
- The prize is not transferrable to any other person.
- No part of a prize is may be exchanged for cash or any other prize.
- If an advertised prize is not available, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- You can find out who has won a competition by sending a stamped addressed envelope, marked with the name of the competition to Supporter Care, Versus Arthritis, Copeman House, St Marys Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 7TD after the closing date.
- This competition is governed by English Law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The promoter may vary these terms and conditions at any time.
- If for any reason any aspect of this competition is not capable of running as planned including by reason of tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The promoter may, in circumstances beyond their control, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- Any amendments or cancellations to these terms and conditions will be posted by means of a reasonably prominent link on the promoter’s website and your continued participation in the competition will constitute acceptance of the revised terms and conditions. If you do not accept the revised terms and conditions it is your responsibility to notify the promoter immediately.
- Any costs associated with entering the competition and accessing the website are the responsibility of the entrant.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this agreement (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this agreement shall not be affected.
- If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of this agreement would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.