What is Joint Matters?
Joint Matters is a clinical update designed for all healthcare professionals. It aims to provide short, topical articles for all healthcare professionals with an interest in musculoskeletal conditions.
If you liked this resource and would like to receive future editions, click here to sign up to our professional network.
Joint Matters Summer 2017
In the first edition of Joint Matters (PDF 1.4 MB, published Summer 2017) read more about:
- PROMs and choosing a hospital.
- Management of the non-traumatic painful shoulder.
- Could there be a neuropathic element to this pain?
- Musculoskeletal health and exercise.
- Cardiovascular comorbidity in rheumatoid arthritis.
Joint Matters Summer 2018
In the second edition of Joint Matters (PDF 1.6 MB, published Summer 2018) learn about:
- Implementing shared decision making in MSK care.
- Fibromyalgia - management is more than just drugs.
- Using technology to support self-management.
- Health coaching towards self-management in fibromyalgia.
- Physical activity, the ‘super pill'.
Joint Matters Winter 2018/19
The theme of this third edition of Joint Matters (PDF 3.4 MB, published Winter 2019) is ‘making MSK health everybody’s business’.
Find articles on:
- NHS Health Checks - a public health concern
- Scotland’s MSK services - fit for the future
- Pain concern: supporting self management in primary care
- Making clinical guidelines accessible
- Musculoskeletal conditions in the workplace
Joint Matters Winter 2019/20
The theme of this fourth edition of Joint Matters (PDF 1.4 MB, published Winter 2020) is personalised care.
Find articles on:
- Shared decision making and better consultations.
- Enabling better conversations – the Choosing Wisely initiative.
- Supporting people with osteoarthritis in primary care.
- Social prescribing: a significant opportunity for everyone?
- Care and support planning for people with joint, bone and muscle conditions.