Become a 2020 MSK Champion - applications open from 30 March 2020
Please join our professional network to receive updates about the programme.
Are you passionate about leading change in musculoskeletal care?
Following the successful launch of the Musculoskeletal Champions programme in 2018, we’re recruiting our third cohort of inspirational leaders committed to championing change in musculoskeletal (MSK) health care.
Our vision is to cultivate a community of multi-disciplinary leaders and influencers with the aim of improving the quality of lives for the 17.8 million people living the pain and disability of MSK Conditions in the UK.
Together with Ashridge Executive Education we have created a bespoke leadership development programme which will support you to become a Versus Arthritis MSK Champion.
If your application to this programme is successful, you will be supported and coached to develop your personal leadership skills, and drive forward a service improvement project on MSK care, either with a local or national focus.
The programme will run for 18 months and includes:
- 5 x residential learning modules at Ashridge Executive education business school (see key dates section).
- 4 x action learning sets (facilitated small group online sessions with your fellow Champions).
- Access to an online forum to discuss ideas and connect with peers.
- Access to mentoring and coaching.
- Dedicated support from Versus Arthritis.
Who are we looking for?
We believe that transformation of MSK care is only possible with a multidisciplinary approach, so we are looking for individuals from a range of professional backgrounds and specialties.
You need to be involved in the design, commissioning and/or delivery of musculoskeletal care and could be a:
- Clinician (including but not exclusively an AHP, Nurse, GP, Pharmacist, Rheumatologist)
- Public health practitioner
- Commissioner or Service manager.
Instead of hierarchical position we’ll be focussing on your potential to lead, your self-awareness, willingness to reflect and learn, adapt to change and deliver impact.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Self awareness: the ability to reflect on personal experience and leadership capabilities.
- Willingness to work in a multidisciplinary community and share ideas with peers.
- Potential to lead and influence change.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Sense of curiosity; ability to explore future possibilities.
- Commitment to evaluating and communicating impact.
- Long term commitment to improving population musculoskeletal health.
- An idea for a service improvement project with a local or national focus.
Applications open on 30 March 2020.
The closing date for applications is 21 May 2020.
Interviews will take place at our London office (3 July, 7 July, 8 July, 15 July and 16 July).
Virtual launch (can be accessed remotely) 7 October 2020.
Residential learning modules at Ashridge Executive Education:
Module 1: 4-6 November 2020
Module 2: 27-29 January 2021
Module 3: 9-11 June 2021
Module 4: 8-10 September 2021
Module 5: 9-11 February 2022
Versus Arthritis induction day 9 Dec 2020 in the London office.
How do I apply?
Apply via grant tracker - https://gt.versusarthritis.org/Login. You need to register an account and the application form (titled “MSK Champions application form”) will be live from the 30 March 2020.
We are committed to creating a truly inclusive learning environment, and as such we will work to enable individuals who may require adjustments and/or additional support to participate fully. If you have any concerns or require further information, please email us at email@example.com.
Top Tips for your MSK Champion application:
- Please answer all sections of the MSK Champion application form in full.
- Refer to the role description for detailed information about what we’re looking for.
- Be honest in your answers, we’re looking for people with self-awareness, openness in discussing strengths, weaknesses, areas of vulnerability and consequently your needs from this leadership development programme.
- Identify how you participating in this programme will lead to improved outcomes for people with MSK conditions.
- Dedicate sufficient time to complete the form; you can complete your application in stages and save your progress rather than completing it all at once.
- Please check our FAQs document (PDF, 90 KB) and if you would like to discuss the role in more detail please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet the MSK Champions
Learn more about the 2019 MSK Champions here, including cohot 2.