Applications now open
Are you passionate about leading change in musculoskeletal care?
Following the successful launch of the Musculoskeletal Champions programme in 2018, we’re recruiting more inspirational leaders committed to championing change in musculoskeletal (MSK) health care.
Our vision is to cultivate a community of multi-disciplinary leaders and influencers with the ultimate aim of improving the quality of lives for the 17.8 million people living the pain and disability of MSK Conditions in the UK.
We believe by working together, we can challenge and improve current MSK healthcare so people with MSK conditions receive the care they deserve.
Together with Ashridge Executive Education we have created a bespoke leadership development programme which will support you to become a Versus Arthritis MSK Champion.
If your application to this programme is successful, you will be supported and coached to develop your personal leadership skills, and drive forward a service improvement project on MSK care, either with a local or national focus.
The programme will run for 18 months and includes:
- 5 x residential learning modules at Ashridge Executive education business school(see key dates section).
- 4 x action learning sets (facilitated small group online sessions with your fellow Champions).
- Access to an online forum to discuss ideas and connect with peers.
- One to one support from an experienced mentor.
- Support from Patient Insight Partners at Versus Arthritis.
- Support and guidance from Versus Arthritis.
Who are Ashridge Executive Education?
Ashridge Executive Education, is an internationally renowned business school (part of Hult International Business School) which has been developing leaders across a variety of sectors for more than 50 years.
Who are we looking for?
We believe that transformation of MSK care is only possible with a multidisciplinary approach, so we are looking for individuals from a range of professional backgrounds and specialties.
You need to be involved in the design, commissioning and/or delivery of musculoskeletal care and could be a:
- Clinician (including but not exclusively an AHP, Nurse, GP, Pharmacist, Rheumatologist)
- Public health practitioner
- Commissioner or Service manager.
Instead of hierarchical position we’ll be focussing on your potential to lead, your self-awareness, willingness to reflect and learn, adapt to change and deliver impact.
Specifically, we are looking for:
- Self awareness: the ability to reflect on personal experience and leadership capabilities.
- Willingness to work in a multidisciplinary community and share ideas with peers.
- Potential to lead and influence change.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Sense of curiosity; ability to explore future possibilities.
- Commitment to evaluating and communicating impact.
- Long term commitment to improving population musculoskeletal health.
- An idea for a service improvement project with a local or national focus.
Applications open on Monday 14 January 2019
The closing date for applications is Monday 4 March 2019 at 4pm (please note the deadline has been extended)
Interviews will take place at our London office (29 March, 4 April, 5 April, 9 April, 12 April)
Virtual induction 23 May 2019
Residential learning modules at Ashridge Executive Education:
Module 1 26-28 June 2019
Module 2 25-27 September 2019
Module 3 22-24 January 2020
Module 4 13-15 May 2020
Module 5 23-25 September 2020
How do I apply?
Apply via grant tracker- https://gt.versusarthritis.org/Login. You need to register an account and the application form (titled “MSK Champions application form”) will be live from the 14th January.
We are committed to creating a truly inclusive learning environment, and as such we will work to enable individuals who may require adjustments and/or additional support to participate fully. If you have any concerns or require further information, please email us at email@example.com.
Top Tips for your MSK Champion application:
- Please answer all sections of the MSK Champion application form in full.
- Refer to the role description for detailed information about what we’re looking for.
- Be honest in your answers, we’re looking for people with self-awareness, openness in discussing strengths, weaknesses, areas of vulnerability and consequently your needs from this leadership development programme.
- Identify how you participating in this programme will lead to improved outcomes for people with MSK conditions.
- Dedicate sufficient time to complete the form; you can complete your application in stages and save your progress rather than completing it all at once.
- Please check our FAQs document (110 KB) and if you would like to discuss the role in more detail please email Champions@versusarthritis.org.