Making a large donation
Making a real impact
Sometimes, all it takes is one person to set something powerful in motion.
With a major gift to Versus Arthritis, you can be that person.
From funding ground-breaking research in Manchester, to running specialised exercise classes in Gwersyllt, to supporting a young person at the point of diagnosis in Edinburgh, or building a virtual assistant in London, we are working versus arthritis, and we need your help.
Ways to give
- A single or one-off gift can do more than just help; it can transform.
- A regular donation between £500 and £5,000 per year through our giving club, The Joint Initiative, brings you closer to the organisation
- Give to the 10 Million Versus Arthritis Appeal to support our most exciting new projects
- Give through shares for a more tax effective way to donate.
- Donate through your charitable trust or foundation by working closely with our Trusts Team
Donations of £5,000 or more
If you can make a major gift to Versus Arthritis, we’d love to hear from you.
Whether your passion is for medical research, campaigning, or support services and outreach, there is something for everyone. The scale of the problem we are facing is startling, so help us act now.
In return, we promise to provide:
- A bespoke relationship that ensures your donation is funding the area of our work that you are most passionate about;
- regular updates on our work and your specified area of interest from a dedicated Versus Arthritis contact;
- an inspiring events program, including visits to our research centres and bespoke dinners;
- opportunities to meet some of our leading scientists and senior charity staff;
- recognition for your generosity in our key communications, with the option of naming rights.
The Joint Initiative
The Joint Initiative is an exceptional community of supporters who have come together to stop pain stealing lives, by investing in ground-breaking research and our critical support services. This group of supporters donate between £500 and £5,000 per year.
Members can expect to receive:
- a dedicated contact within the Strategic Partnerships team;
- regular ‘All of Us’ newsletters from Versus Arthritis;
- a monthly e-newsletter focused on different areas of the organisation;
- invitations to private events, including research visits;
- acknowledgement on our website and in our newsletters if requested.
By becoming a member of the Joint Initiative, you’ll be joining the push to defy arthritis, as we together demand and deliver better answers for people living with arthritis now and in the future.
Donating through a charitable trust or foundation
There are over 10 million people in the UK living with arthritis. That’s one in six, with over half of those living in pain every single day. This is unacceptable.
Together we can continue to develop breakthrough treatments, campaign relentlessly for arthritis to be seen as a priority, and support every person with arthritis who needs us.
If you’re a trustee, advisor or are associated with a charitable Trust or Foundation, we’d be delighted to hear from you. We will work with you to find a project that meets your objectives and interests, as well as keep you updated on the impact of your generosity.
To find out more about Versus Arthritis and our ambitious 10 Million appeal, please get in touch with Fiona in our Trusts team: