Get your guide to fundraising
If you want to support us but don’t know where to start, our Guide to fundraising can help!
It’s full of great advice on all aspects of organising your own event, including a step-by-step guide, inspirational fundraising ideas and useful hints and tips to make your fundraising a huge success.
To download your guide, simply fill in the form below. If you'd like a copy in the post please check the postal option and fill in your address.
The team are here to help and would love to hear from you – for more information get in touch on email@example.com or 0300 790 0405.
Hold a collection
Collecting donations for Versus Arthritis is a great way to support our vital work, and every penny really does add up!
There are a number of ways you can help…
Could you spare a couple of hours to hold a bucket collection? At a nearby supermarket or shopping centre, at your local train station or on your high street, it’s simple to support Versus Arthritis and have fun at the same time!
All you need to do is:
- get permission from your local authority, shop or train station (we can help you with this)
- ask friends, family or colleagues to get involved – the more the merrier!
- contact us for branded buckets, stickers and t-shirts
- sign the certificate of authority that we send to you
- during the collection, smile and enjoy yourself!
After your collection, get in touch and we can provide you with counting and banking advice.
Do you work in a shop or office that could have an Versus Arthritis collection tin?
You could even choose Versus Arthritis as your charity of the year and hold events such as a cake sale or a staff quiz. We have lots of ideas and advice to offer to make your fundraising experience a memorable one.
We’ll also send you certificates to show your customers or colleagues how much their generosity has raised.
If you would like to support Versus Arthritis from the comfort of your home, we can send you a cardboard collection box. They're great for collecting loose change and can be sent to you for free using the form below.
If you have any questions, would like to request materials or need some help completing permission forms, you can contact the community fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 790 0405 – we look forward to hearing from you!
To comply with fundraising guidance we are currently not issuing any new collection boxes, to discourage the use of cash when fundraising. However if you would like to fill out the below form and show your interest for requesting a collection box, a member of the fundraising team will get back in touch when we are able to send them out again.
Hold a coffee morning
Whether at work, home or as part of a community group, get together and hold a coffee morning or afternoon tea to support our vital work and have fun at the same time!
How to join in
There are a number of ways you can get involved. Why not:
- Arrange a coffee (or tea) morning, and enjoy catching up over a fresh brew and a slice of cake
- Hold a cake sale and ask others to contribute. Why not turn it into a friendly competition?
- Host an afternoon tea, with an assortment of finger sandwiches and scones
To fundraise, you could ask your guests for a donation for the delicious treats that you provide, hold a raffle, set up a JustGiving page or have one of our home collection boxes out to collect any loose change.
Whether you’re a keen baker or just want to try something new, get involved and help people with arthritis to live fuller lives today and without it tomorrow.
Our 'How To' guide can provide handy hints and tips. To request your guide, fill in the form below.
If you have any questions get in touch with the community fundraising team on 0300 790 0405 or email@example.com – we would love to hear from you!
Hold a Knitter Natter
It's so easy to make such an important difference to people with arthritis – which is why we are asking you to join us by holding a Knitter Natter! Bring together your friends, family and colleagues to try your hand at knitting and fundraise while having fun.
Whether you're a keen knitter, sewing enthusiast, or want to learn a new skill, we can support you and your fundraising efforts with every click of your knitting needles...
How to join in
You can join in in any way you can think of, why not:
- Get together with friends and family to have a Knitter Natter coffee morning or afternoon tea and ask for a donation for any cakes or tea that you provide.
- Start a knitting group with your colleagues at work and ask them to make a suggested donation if they want to join.
- If you're part of a knitting group already, hold a competition, raffle or special event.
We have a handy 'How To' guide to help make your Knitter Natter a success and home collection boxes to make your fundraising as easy as possible.
To request your guide, fill in the form below.
If you have any questions, please contact the community fundraising team on 0300 790 0405 or firstname.lastname@example.org – we would love to hear from you!
We hope that you will join us, together we can make a real difference.
Take part in Miles Together
Help us to push back the limits of arthritis and make your miles count by taking part in Miles Together!
We know that everyone is different so we're asking you to set your own personal Miles Together challenge. From walking to the local shop once a week, to completing 10,000 steps a day or cycling 50 miles - anything you pledge will make a real difference.
Be inspired by reading Katrina's story.
How to join in
- Decide on your challenge
- Order your 'How To' guide
- Set up a Miles Together JustGiving page and begin!
Our 'How To' guide has a handy tracker to help make your Miles Together challenge a success. To request your guide, fill in the form below.>
If you have any questions, please contact the community fundraising team on 0300 790 0405 or email@example.com – we'd love to hear from you!
We hope that you'll join us. Together we can make a real difference.
Support us at your special occasion
Thank you for choosing us as part of your special occasion.
Whether it’s having a collection at your event or asking friends and family for donations in lieu of gifts, all your donations will help us to continue to invest in breakthrough treatments and the best information to support everyone affected by arthritis.
We have a selection of materials we can provide for your special day.
- Pin badges – our pin badges make wonderful wedding favours or gifts to your guests. We ask for a minimum £1 donation per badge when placing your order.
- Cardboard collection boxes – why not put a few collection boxes out on tables to collect donations.
- Wise words for your wedding – a fun way of capturing your guests’ best advice on a happy marriage.
- My special message cards – allow your guests to leave their memories and celebration messages for you to treasure.
- Thank you inserts – include our charity thank you slips when thanking your friends and family for their support.
- Donation gift aid envelopes – display our envelopes on tables to allow guests to discreetly make a donation. If they are a UK tax payer, they can also gift aid their donation.
- Balloons – we have balloons to decorate your venue.
To request your materials or for more information please contact our community fundraising team on 0300 790 0405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to post in your donations, please fill out our paying in form (PDF, 724 KB).
Golfing for Versus Arthritis
Support our work at your golf club by choosing us as your charity for the year or supporting us with a one-off golfing or social event.
Swing into action to help us reach and help more people living with the daily limits of arthritis.
We know that many members of your golf club will be living with one of the 200 forms of arthritis and we believe we are a cause that they will want to support.
Whether you’re the incoming captain looking to support us as your charity for the year or organising your own golf tournament, we will be right at hand to support you with your fundraising.
What your support will mean
A partnership with Versus Arthritis will enable us to continue to invest in exceptional science bringing real possibility of freedom of the everyday limits of this debilitating condition to many people, a vision we are sure your members will share.
As a thank you, we can provide
- Lots of great golf fundraising ideas and access to our experienced team to help navigate the fast world of fundraising
- Assistance with wording for speeches
- Ball markers, collection tins, balloons, banners and charity merchandise
- Information and posters for your club notice board
- An opportunity to visit one of local research teams to see them in action
- Information on where your hard-earned funds will be spent.
We’d love to talk to you about how we could work together and ensure your captains year really make the cut.
Contact our golfing Community Team on 0300 790 0405 or email email@example.com
Fundraise in your community
Millions of people wake up with arthritis every morning and face the day in pain. Arthritis attacks what it means to live, and people with arthritis are often left to manage alone. This is wrong, but we know that by getting people the right support and by investing in the best science, we can make everyday life better for millions of people with arthritis.
Choose Versus Arthritis as your charity partner
By choosing Versus Arthritis as your charity partner for your fundraising activities or even as your charity for the year or beyond, you'd be helping bring hope to everyone living with the limits imposed by arthritis.
As a fundraising partner, we can provide you with branded materials to help support and market your fundraising activities, giving everyone involved a great Versus Arthritis fundraising experience.
We can provide great support and lots of fun fundraising ideas! You'll have one-to-one support from one of our experienced team of fundraisers, who will:
- help you navigate the fast-moving world of fundraising
- give you a real sense of how your hard-earned funds will be spent and how this is helping people with arthritis.
Get in touch
If you want to find out more about working in partnership with Versus Arthritis, we'd love to hear from you! You can contact our community fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 790 0405.
Support us at university
Are you studying at university and looking for a great cause to support? Whether you’re an individual, student group or RAG committee, we have a number of ways you can get involved!
Rag raids and street collections
Rag raids and street collections are a great way to raise vital funds. Could you spare a couple of hours to hold a collection at your local supermarket, shopping centre or train station? Every penny really does count does count and it’s simple to support Versus Arthritis and have fun at the same time.
We can help you to fill out any permit applications and provide materials such as T-shirts and buckets.
Our Guide to fundraising is full of great advice on all aspects of organising your own event, including a step-by-step guide, inspirational fundraising ideas and useful hints and tips.
You can also download a range of ‘How To’ guides that provide you with more information about ways to get involved, including our Miles Together guide for any walking, cycling or swimming enthusiasts and our Knitter Natter booklet for any knitting society members.
Volunteering looks great on your CV and is a chance to develop and share your skills. We have a range of volunteering roles that you can get involved with during your studies. For more information or to sign up, visit volunteer with us.
Be part of Team A!
You could also take part in one of our events, including:
- running events
- overseas treks
To find out more, contact email@example.com or 0300 790 0402.
For more information about how your university can help push back the limits of arthritis, please contact our community fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0300 790 0405.